Objectives Of Lighthouse
The objective of Lighthouse is to aggregate data from key data sources and provide the intelligence and profiling engine for more efficient and intelligent data-driven processes. The platform would become the “single source of truth” for revenue and tax-related intelligence that will support the Ministry, its agencies, revenue agencies, tax authorities and other stakeholders to be better positioned to address the revenue challenges faced by the country.
Lighthouse would also be used to gather and analyze financial and revenue related data from multiple but related sources, using Big data analytics tools to ‘connect the dots’ between different data sets. All these will be done to:
- Support the ministry to deliver on its statutory mandate, especially in guiding policy formulations.
- Track the implementation of the Strategic Revenue Growth Initiatives (SRGI) and other revenue initiatives.
- Measure the impact of the Ministry’s policies, programmes and initiatives.
- Collect, analyze and share revenue related intelligence with its agencies and other stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities for new revenue streams across the public finance ecosystem.
- Optimize existing revenue streams, especially non-oil revenues.